Site Map

Friday, June 18, 2010

Cancer Survivor .(asbestos lung mesothelioma)

asbestos lung mesothelioma,
I am a survivor. I think I always knew I would. When the cancer diagnosis came, it was not a question of whether I would live or die, but I'd get through it with grace and dignity. I'm the kind of person who does not quit easily. I can be very determined and said that I have a very strong will. I'm not the kind of person to just accept what people tell me. I need to check things for myself. Unfortunately, this does cause me trouble sometimes. But in case of cancer, that attitude has served me well. I did not accept the diagnosis of the oncologist I would die within a year, if I did not follow his advice. I do not think so. I thought there must be something I could do. I tried other methods of healing. It took a lot of discipline to exercise, despite the facts before me. However, I have a very strong belief system. I have not listened to my friends who could not agree with what I had planned to do. I stayed the course. I'm good.

The dictionary defines a survivor as someone who lives in grief. It is not easy being a survivor. Anyone who watches the show "Survivor" would agree. It takes a lot of determination and motivation. To be a survivor is to continue despite difficulties or trauma. It is to persevere. You can not give up when things get tough or in my case, you get very few results.

It is essential that you have a reason to survive. I wanted to live. I chose to believe that I would live and not die. So I do not look back. I searched for anything and everything that would help my body heal. I read stories of people who survived. What I found was the peace and joy in the midst of the situation. My peace is based on the hope that I find other survivors and hope that is in the Word of God. I took great comfort from the Psalms. I repeated over and over verses like I'm going to bed and sleep and wake up, because the Lord sustains me and I will not die but live to declare the works of the Lord. I believe in the power of prayer and became a means of survival for me. It helped me to continue in the face of much opposition from family and friends.

I am a cancer survivor is not once but twice and if I learned something through my experiences, it is to go with what you believe in right and stick to it. I put my faith and trust in God and the power of my body to heal itself.
-asbestos lung mesothelioma-

Labels:

0 Comments for asbestos lung mesothelioma :

Post a Comment

asbestos lung mesothelioma: Cancer Survivor .(asbestos lung mesothelioma)